33 Things

As I look back on this past year, I want to remember the hi-lights, the special moments, and the triumphs of my 33rd year. So, in no particular order, but in an attempt to cover each number 1-33, here are 33 things from my past year!

1 New camera & 1 lens - my journey as a new photographer began!



Celebrated our 2 Year Anniversary at Phoenix Athens on September 13th!



Celebrated Aaro’s 3rd Gotcha Day on September 5th

Aaro turned 4 years old on April 30th



Started training for my first 5K race this summer & ran it yesterday!


6 ingredients in elderberry syrup: elderberries, ginger, clove, cinnamon, water, & honey - I had the goal of learning how to make this amazing immune booster this year & I made my first batch this fall!



7 shifts as a volunteer barista - I learned how to make coffee drinks this year and I try to serve at our Donation-based Coffeehouse when I can!



8/3 was Aaro’s first day of Pre-K at a big School! He is loving it!!



9 years of ministry - Steven started as the associate missions pastor at Hebron Church in May 2013, and we started leading small groups together for young married couples that fall

10/27/21 Got to go on a ReFresh Women’s retreat for minister’s wives and it was a life-changing 4 days


11 years of marriage - Steven and I celebrated our anniversary on May 28th!


12 hours of travel to and from Panama City Beach, FL where we went on family vacation this May


13 episodes that I've listened to of an amazing podcast that has helped my marriage: Heaven in Your Home by Franice Winslow

14 days of rest - We enjoyed a 2 week Sabbatical in September that was a much needed time of R&R for our marriage, ministry, and family. Our favorite time was spent at Folly Beach & Charleston, SC.


The main theme of John 15 “Abide” earned a permanent spot on my wrist this fall

16 days apart from Steven when he was on a mission trip in the middle east this summer 

We’re coming up on 17 months in our Pink Link Adoption Process


Numbers 18,19, and 20 of my nieces and nephews were born - December, February, and March 

Read a book published in 2021 by Annie F. Downs called “That Sounds Fun” and it really spoke to me in a season of trying new things and desiring to have hobbies

22, the number of songs I’ve made up and recorded as voice memos on my phone in the past year

2/3 We sold our house

After 24 months of living in our first home in Athens and we moved to the East side!

 

July 25th Aaro started a summer theater camp, one of three mini summer camps that we tried this summer! Theater was the favorite for sure :)

September 26th was Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the biblical calendar - something that I look forward to every year and follow along with teachings by Ray Haynes at Victory 91.5

Psalm 27 has brought me so much comfort and strength through different seasons this year

28 completed photo shoots as a new photographer since getting my camera in July! 

29 weeks of Chiropractic Care with The Haven Chiropractic Care, which has been so helpful!

30 minute fitness classes at Crunch continue to be my favorite way to get weekly workouts in. My favorite class is POUND! Who knew you could workout with drum sticks?!

31 daily scripture verses each month - started writing Scripture every day with monthly plans by Sweet Blessings 

32 months of living in Athens!

33 may be the age that Jesus died, but this is the year that He has come alive most in my life!



So, here's to year 34!

Comments